Document Readers Part One
Reading Documents on Your Windows PC – Part One
An important part of having a paperless office is having the ability to read documents in their digital form. Preferably, you want to be able to highlight and annotate them just as you would a paper copy.
So in this post I want to review some of the software solutions that I have tried. All of these programs can also be used with a Pocket PC, although Adobe Acrobat for Pocket PC is read-only.
I will use the following criteria in my posts:
- File formats. Can I use the software to read (for example) .pdf, .doc, and various versions of webpages? [the most important here is the ability to read .pdf files]
- Can I highlight and/or annotate?
- Is the software easy to use?
- Are document search features available?
- Are there additional features that add to its worth?
I test these products using my regular old Windows PC and my Pocket PC (both are Dell).
Categories: Office Software, Pocket PC